Edgewood Cemetery is located southwest of Grottoes on the Rockfish Road, directly across the road from the Mount Horeb Presbyterian Church. A second cemetery, usually referred to as the Old Cemetery, lies on the same side of the road as the church and just south of it. Edgewood is a beautiful cemetery with ten acres of land and with over 1200 persons interred.
Ownership of burial spaces is open to the public at a cost of $500.00 each. Perpetual care is available as a part of the cost of burial spaces. Unlike the area’s “for profit” cemeteries, the erection of headstone monuments is also allowed (with certain restrictions). Interested parties should contact the church at (540) 249-5141 for more information. The Edgewood Cemetery Patronage Rules are posted at the entrance to the grounds and are available for download. Download Patronage Rules.
The records of those interred are being provided to enable visitors to the website to search for the resting place of their ancestors and relatives as they traverse the branches of their family tree. This listing has been updated as of March 1, 2018. Names of those interred - A through G - Download pdf Names of those interred - H through O - Download pdf Names of those interred - P through Z - Download pdf Names of those interred in the Old Cemetery - Download pdf Please send corrections or missing information to firstname.lastname@example.org